Let’s be honest. We’re always looking for the latest and greatest, aren’t we? That applies to pretty much everything we do and computers and smartphones are no different. If you’re in the market for a new smartphone, you have several options.
- Sign up for an expensive contract with your provider. Here you will pay a hefty surcharge monthly for the latest tech.
- Buy the latest smartphone outright – often paying close to $1000 if not more!
- Take advantage of some decent discounts by picking up a smartphone that is not brand new but still newer than your existing device.
- You are fixing your existing device so that it acts “like new” at little to no cost at all!
Our rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
👍🏻 The good
- Clean interface
- Security features
- Cleaning junk
👎🏻 The bad
- Need internet access for all the features
- Most of the tasks can be done in system itself
If you’ve selected options 3 & 4 from the list above as the ones that make the most sense, then you are in luck! You see, computer store technicians make a lot of money “cleaning” up older handsets so that they are like new.
People often visited these techs because they were unable to add more files to their devices due to lack of space. Or their device was laggy and slow, and it just wasn’t working the way it used to. This is where Clean Master comes into play.
There are different versions of the Clean Master app available in the market today. They offer different capabilities and are available for smartphones and PC among others. This app is going to help you get rid of cache, bookmarks, unwanted apps, unwanted files and messages among other things. It is worth mentioning that this app is user-friendly and does not require significant knowledge or skills to understand and use.
What is The Clean Master App?
Clean Master is an app that is specifically designed to help “cleanup” your device. You see as you use programs on your smartphone or PC, it’s easy to leave “junk” that clutters up your device. This junk could be old files, malicious spyware and adware, or even old programs that you thought deleted. There is no doubt that over time our devices slow down due to this unwanted bloat. You could wipe everything and start again – however that is perhaps a bit of an overkill!
This is where a program like Clean Master comes into play. With optimized tools, this app helps in getting rid of the unwanted files and data and keeps your devices safe from virus. Clean master has been used successfully to free up space as well as RAM thus improving the processing power of your device. With over 43 million downloads, it’s definitely one of the most popular apps available, but does it work?
The Clean Master app is available in multiple different flavours and different versions such as smartphones, tablets, PC as well as Laptops to mention but a few. The choice will depend on the Operating System of your device.
There is no doubt that the Clean Master app is one of the most popular apps out there. It offers support in a range of languages:
- Simplified Chinese, as well as
- Portuguese are all available.
Clean Master states that it will improve your speed dramatically while also providing antivirus and malware protection. It’s a big promise, and at first glance, it seems to achieve its objectives. Let’s dig into it in a bit more depth though.
Pros and Cons
- Clean Master has a nice clean interface. Sorry, no pun intended. Each of the “improvement” options available has a specific menu.
- The app initially prompts you with visual cues, so you know where to focus. Red indicates a problem and green implies everything is good.
- Clean Master also automatically prompts you with reminders. These can be set for specific variables – junk mail for example – so you know where to focus.
- The app also alerts you regarding other software that needs to be cleaned without putting the rest of the app into use.
It is crucial to mention that Clean Master app also has its downsides.
- This app only works well if data is enabled and without this, some of its features can be compromised.
- Perhaps more importantly though is the question of whether it is needed at all. Modern smartphones and PCs do an outstanding job cleaning out the junk as part of their normal operation. Clean Master looks like it is doing something – but I’ve struggled to really see a significant difference. That being said, older devices definitely benefit.
Clean Master has managed to stay current and releases regular updates. While not a true anti-virus application, it offers the basics from a protection point of view.
Each of the different menu options is clearly labelled and descriptive. Additional options are available by scrolling.
The phone boost module highlights background processes and closes them off speeding up your device. This enhances CPU, as well as RAM use.
Pretty self-descriptive I think. You’ll need to allow access for Clean Master with modern devices, but once you’ve done this, it does an excellent job of finding everything. All those odds and ends that you’d completely forgotten about. One quick click and GBs of storage are restored! Getting rid of cache, unnecessary history, messages, as well as clipboard data, enables you to protect your device and enhance its security.
Other menu options include CPU Cooler, Antivirus, Battery Saver & Notification Cleaner. These are all fairly self-explanatory, so I won’t go into too much detail. However, some innovative features include the AppLock, Wi-Fi Security and Safe-Lock Screen.
Through this feature, you can lock some of your files such as gallery, WhatsApp, Gmail, Facebook, games as well as messages among others. Additionally, this feature lets you embrace parental control options if you need them.
If you do not already have a VPN solution, then this is probably something you want to explore. VPNs protect your device by giving you a secure, encrypted tunnel directly to the VPN server. Any network activity is completely private and cannot be hacked. With Clean Master, you automatically get prompted for a VPN once you enable the Wi-Fi Security option.
Safe Lock Screen
If you tend to misplace your device or you’re worried about someone trying to get access to your smartphone. Well, the safe lock screen might be just what you need. This add-on automatically takes photos of people attempting to access your device.
Private Photo Vault
One other cool feature of Clean Master is its private photo vault. Again the title is pretty self-descriptive as it’s basically a place for you to hide and encrypt your pics so that they are only available to you.
Tips and Tricks
Even though Clean Master is fairly simple to use, there are some ways to make it even better.
- Make sure that your data is on when running the Clean Master app for effectiveness.
- It is essential to go through its notifications so that you know exactly what it is suggesting and granting its command if necessary. This will ensure that your device is safe, secure and offers you 100% functionality.
- Use an up-to-date app for best results.
Whether Clean Master does all it purports to, or its a simple placebo, I’m still not sure. I know that it feels like its doing something and it definitely helps me clean up junk. For that alone, I would say it’s worth it as it’s so much quicker than searching manually for things to delete.